1.20.2009

Inauguration

I'm sitting here watching the NBC coverage of Barack Obama's inauguration. I don't feel right not to acknowledge such a huge day in the history of America. As I type, the current President and President-elect sit in a motorcade headed to Capitol Hill where Obama will be sworn in as the 44th president of the United States. Whether you voted for the man or not, it is impossible to deny how important today is.

Beyond the color of B. Obama's skin, he represents so much to so many people - in America and the world. Whether you agree with his policies or not, the man does - as he so claims - represent change. I am excited to see what he can do. Seriously, you don't have to agree with him on ANYTHING but you have to at least admit there are more than a few aspects of American politics that may benefit from a new perspective. The economy is a big one to me.

But, what do I know? I don't want to turn this into a into a political debate.

You don't need to be a political analyst to get it. Today is BIG. Here's to the next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin