1.19.2010

What’s new

I can’t stand that I haven’t been blogging nearly as much since we moved back to Oregon. I knew it would happen, but still it’s irritating. Given we don’t live in a constant state of sunshine anymore, the weather obviously impacts what we are able to do. When we weren’t limited by the weather it was easy to get out and take gorgeous pictures of ourselves and friends :)

Now? It’s cold. and windy. and a little wet. Just plain nasty. Not exactly the type of weather that makes us want to leave the house.

On top of the weather situation, I’ve developed a cold sore the size of ummm…well it is ginormous. And I don’t get cold sores like normal people do on their lips. Nope. Somebody gave me herpes on my chin. So on top of having a stupid cold sore,  now I look even more freakish and feel as though I need to explain the open sore on my chin. Sooo embarrassing! Needless to say, I’ve been trying to sequester myself.

We did go to the local pool yesterday in an attempt to do something. Anything. Cameron had his little life vest on and was doing good with the whole idea of kicking and moving arms (aka “swimming”). While I was distracted with other family members, Keith thought bringing Cameron on the diving board would be a good idea.

As I watched in total awe of what was happening in front of me – was this really happening? – the lifeguard assured Keith that was a bad idea and ordered him down.

I love my husband and he’s a GREAT dad, but he definitely has some interesting ideas of fun things to do with our child.

I’ll leave you with that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I am laughing right now. I am also sorry about the cold sore and chin problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been following yours as well...so I figured I'd make it "official". Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

So, whaddya think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin