12.19.2008

Almost here...

....Christmas break! Today is Keith's last day of work for two weeks. He has worked so hard and deserves this break. This will be the first Christmas that we haven't traveled in a VERY long time. Our traveling streak goes way back to our college days, so I'm going to say it's been 7 years that we've been going back and forth to see family for the holidays. It will be very weird to wake up in our own beds, reach for something to wear out of our own closet and then eat breakfast at our own table on Christmas day. We will miss our family and friends from up North, but I've been telling Keith I really am relieved just to hang out for once. Traveling can be straining, both financially and emotionally/mentally.

Now that the year is drawing to a close, it reminded me of what a great year this has been for us. On that note, I wanted to include this little snowman we sent out with our Christmas cards this year. We've been doing something similar for the past 4 or so years, but this is the first time I've tried to make anything other than a Christmas tree. It was a fun challenge which I'm sure could have been made much easier if I knew how to use any program more sophisticated than Word, but it is what it is...I got 'er done.

2008 in review for los Claytons

Our friend Cherina, also a teacher, turns the big 3-0 on the 30th but we wanted to celebrate with her today since we may not see her over the break. Jill (she watches Cam) co-ordinated a mini party. She brought the pie and I brought the balloons. I think Cherina was surprised and liked the attention. HA! Jk but she did seem very appreciative. Good idea, Jill!



Jill's little girl Jadyn LOVES Cam and is always playing with him and loving on him. Today he finally decided to repay the favor! This is the first time I've ever seen him give anyone a REAL hug (arms out and then closed around them tight). Jadyn got lots of love! I got it on camera too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

So, whaddya think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin