9.09.2009

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Things that make you go hmmmm? Well, not really. This isn't one of those kinds of posts, but I'll be darned if I'm going to make another LAME blog title. Still think the title is lame? Dang. I did my best :) ENOUGH! This talk is jibberish. NEXT!

It's been a while since our last blog update, and here's what's been going down:


This is our new ride. I searched high and low for just the perfect ride to meet our needs. We wanted a Suburban or Tahoe and it seemed 'burbans around here in decent shape and without a salvaged title are ridiculously hard to come by. Seriously. But after driving this Tahoe a 'burban would have been way beyond my driving skills. As it is, going from our itty bitty Saturn Ion to this is a little bit of a stretch sometimes - in a parking lot, for instance. But we love our new ride! And I am especially happy to be done looking for one because it was a lot of work!!!

Los Claytons spent last week in Portland, it was Keith's first official week on the job. After getting the new truck I booked it home to sleep in our "new" bed, because I'd missed it! :) We enjoyed a great labor day weekend with Keith's bro and fam (all 5!), they drove down from Hillsboro so we could all hang. Our computer is busted (see below), so pics are a no-go this time around. I'll have lots of catching up to do in a week or so!

Anyway, we are actually doing this! By this I mean Cam and Mel staying in Redmond while Keith is away in Portland at work for the week. It's not caring for Cameron by myself that I find the hardest (so far, anyway - it's only been a couple of days), but being in our house at night! I am scarred after practically growing up on horror movies. You better believe all the blinds are drawn every night before it gets dark. In fact, I actually clothespin our bedroom curtains together so no freaky stalker-types can see inside any inch of this house. Yup, it's neurotic but it's the only way I can sleep at night! I am praying this part gets easier with time. Redmond, Oregon isn't exactly the crime capital of the world (probably the opposite, in fact), so maybe living in SoCal for so long has screwed up my brain. Can't ever be too careful, though :)

In other news, our computer officially bit the dust. It may just have a couple more 'power-ons' left in it. So we are waiting for our new computer to arrive, ordered Saturday. In the meantime, I am using my sisters old skool Toshiba with only half a functioning LCD screen. The other half is completely black. It's made using the computer a little difficult, but that's good for me since I am a total junkie when it comes to being on the computer. This will be good for me. Dell keeps pushing back our delivery date, so it looks like we will have to wait until the17th (!). I will never take a computer for granted again! Not after what we've been through with our old one. The old girl was refurbished to begin with and we had it on practically 24/7. She was 4 years old. RIP. We had a lot of good times, now I am just hoping we can keep it on long enough (after the new one gets here) to back our files - including pictures - one last time. I did back it up about a week before last using it but at the rate I take pictures there are still about 100 on there that aren't backed up. I have a problem, I know. Anyway, to make a long story short I am excited to get our new laptop, whenever that will be!

That's us in a nutshell. What's new with you?

4 comments:

  1. You are one strong chica. I would NOT be happy if Nick were gone all week. As it is I have a hard enough time when he's gone at football all of the time. Where is Keith teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo I take this post as props to me for being alone for pretty much well A LOT of nights! Right? HAA! jk! Miss you so much Mel! I miss our many conversations and venting sessions! Come back to Cali and you can live with me during the week! and go home to be with Keef on the weekend..ok?
    Love yA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm SO with ya on that one, girlfriend....i can't sleep if Jasons not home...every squeak in my house freaks me out! Thank God i have attack dogs...haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the being home alone at night thing. My husband is gone a lot and I don't think I'll ever get used to it.
    Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete

So, whaddya think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin