12.29.2009

I’m already exhausted…

…just thinking about the days leading up to and immediately following New Year’s Day. We will be housing 13 people (including ourselves) starting tomorrow. My mom just left on Sunday and it took all the energy i had to sit and meal plan for the next almost-week.

I am so thrilled that everyone wanted to make the drive to spend the time with us. But it is work of course to get ready for that many people. And right now I’m just tired!

It doesn’t help that things didn’t work out as planned and I wasn’t able to properly clean my house before mom got here. I’m not sure I’ll be able to make myself do it before the rest of the crew arrives either. I. am. lame.

On that note, I think my New Year’s resolution is to be more of a Proverbs 31 woman.

So, once I pull myself out of this funk I’m will be getting excited for all the hustle and bustle a full house will bring. Pictures to follow!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be celebrating with you. I feel you though. I've always found New Years to be exhausting, no matter what we do. The start of a new year can't help but be a bit cumbersome, especially when you're a teacher. Happy New Year Claytons, much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - love the new picture. Yes, working on being more of a Proverbs 31 woman is an excellent resolution - I think I might add that to mine as well, when I think about all those things I want to work on, that really sums it up! Hope all is well with you guys, sounds like it! Yeah 2010 right? :O) Love your blog and writing, always enjoyable to read!

    ReplyDelete

So, whaddya think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin